Friday, May 2, 2014

Staff Selections: Erly Moya

I have been working at the library for almost a year now and I really enjoy the great people and the peaceful atmosphere. When I set foot inside I am always astounded by how many books I still have to read in order to read them all. Books, to me, help me broaden my imagination and allow me to travel to new worlds and different realms. A place that supplies such knowledge and material for the mind is my local library.  

Erly Moya is a circulation assistant at Samuels Public Library.

What is your favorite genre?
My favorite genre is fantasy. I enjoy being taken out of reality and into a new world.

What are you reading now?
Right now I am reading the Graceling series. It is about a world where kingdoms rule and certain people are born with a grace, or a special ability. Those who are deemed useful to the king are recruited and never see their families again. It follows one girl who recently became queen of her kingdom after her brutal father who manipulated people is killed.

What have you read recently?
I have recently read the Marlowe School trilogy which was kind of slow. There was a lot of character development but the plot was slow throughout the books and then the last couple of chapters was rushed.

What is your favorite classic?
My favorite classic would have to be Animal Farm by George Orwell

What are your all-time favorite books/series?
My all-time favorite books series would be the Harry Potter series and the Inheritance Cycle. I grew up on these books and they are terrific. I always felt very connected to the characters and was able to relate to what they were going through.

What are a few books that you are looking forward to reading?
I have a number of things on my "To Read" list: the Riryia Chronicles, the Game of Thrones series, as well as the Delirium Trilogy. I am also planning on reading the Lord of the Rings hopefully.

How do you choose new books to read?
Since part of my job is to shelve books I am able to peruse the collections we have whenever I go out to shelve. If there is a title or an author I like I look in that section to see if there is anything that catches my attention.

Do you prefer books to e-books? Why?
I prefer hardback books to e-books simply because there's nothing like the feel of breaking in a new book, which is something you can't get with e-books.

What type of plots do you enjoy?
I really enjoy plots that keep me thinking until the very end. There are always questions that need to be answered.
  
What is your favorite aspect of reading books?
The best part about reading for me is being able to leave the real world and go on adventures in faraway places.
  
How much description do you enjoy? A lot or a little? Explain. 
Description is something I enjoy but only to a certain degree. If the author spends too much time describing things and isn't putting enough into plot or character development, chances are I won't keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment